The Society of American Archivists' (SAA) Encoded Archival Standards (EAS) Section and the Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards (TS-EAS) have organized a joint meeting for the 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archivists. The EAS Section and TS-EAS are hosting a moderated panel discussion on the state of encoded archival standards. The two groups have invited a panel of six archivists with diverse experiences and from a variety of locations and repositories to speak about how they use (or do not use) encoded archival standards in their work, and what they see as the standards’ role, function, and importance in practice. The joint meeting’s agenda, seen below, will start with updates and news, but the majority of the time will be devoted to the panel and discussion. EAS and TS-EAS have prepared some questions for the panelists, but also encourage all attendees to participate in this discussion by asking questions and sharing their thoughts and experiences with encoded archival standards.
See below for a complete meeting agenda.
Live (Will Be Recorded)Register NowThis free event is open to all. Registration required for Zoom security.
- Welcome and announcements
- SAA Council update
- EAS Section update (Betts Coup)
- TS-EAS updates (Mark Custer)
- Art and Rare Materials (ARM) Bibframe Extension: Elizabeth Russey Roke, who represents SAA on this task force, will be speaking about the newly published ontology.
- Moderated discussion on the state of encoded archival standards:
- Natalie Adams, Cambridge University;
- Karin Bredenberg, Kommunalförbundet Sydarkivera;
- Jane Cross, Library of Congress;
- Paige Roberts, Phillips Academy;
- Jessica Sedgwick, Harvard Medical School; and
- Jenny Swadosh; The New School