Registration is now open for the joint annual meeting of the Society of American Archivists Encoded Archival Standards (EAS) Section and the Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards (TS-EAS). The meeting will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CT).
Please see the event listing
on SAA's website or use this direct link to register
for the joint EAS Section / TS-EAS meeting. There are no costs to attend the session and it is open to all; SAA membership is not required. While you do not need to register for the larger SAA 2022 conference to attend the EAS / TS-EAS meeting, you still need to register for the meeting (using the registration link above) to receive the Zoom meeting information and for Zoom security.
This year, we are hosting a moderated panel and discussion on encoded archival standards in the context of aggregators of archival description (e.g., Archives Portal Europe, Online Archive of California, Archives Hub, ArchiveGrid, etc.) both within and outside of the United States. Panel participants will include representatives and maintainers of archival aggregation sites as well as users and contributors. Our agenda, seen below, will start with a few updates and announcements, but the majority of our joint meeting will be devoted to the panel and discussion. We will be preparing some questions for the panelists, but we also encourage all attendees to participate in this discussion by asking questions and sharing their thoughts and experiences using (or not using) encoded archival standards in archival aggregation sites.
The agenda for the EAS Section / TS-EAS meeting is as follows:
- Updates and announcements from:
- SAA Council (Stephen R. Curley)
- EAS Section (Bo Doub)
- TS-EAS (Karin Bredenberg and Mark Custer)
- Building a National Finding Aid Network (Adrian Turner)
- Moderated discussion on the state of encoded archival standards:
- Jodi Allison-Bunnell, Montana State University Library
- Maija Anderson, Orbis Cascade Alliance
- Kerstin Arnold, Archives Portal Europe Foundation
- Jennifer Brcka, Hesburgh Libraries, University of Notre Dame
- Karin Bredenberg, Kommunalförbundet Sydarkivera
- Kira Dietz, Virginia Tech
- Samantha Dodd, Texas Archival Resources Online
- Oliver Götze, Archivportal-D
- Margaret Kidd, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Merrilee Proffitt, ArchiveGrid / OCLC Research
- Chela Scott Weber, OCLC Research Library Partnership
- Jane Stevenson, Archives Hub
- Adrian Turner, California Digital Library
We are very much looking forward not only to sharing our updates with the community but also having a lively and engaged conversation about encoded archival standards and archival aggregation sites. We hope that you will join us.
On behalf of the EAS Section Steering Committee and the Technical Subcommittee on Encoded Archival Standards
University of Southern California Libraries
Los Angeles, CA
Pronouns: he, him, his